Field Service Technician
IQVIA has an opportunity with one of the largest medical device manufacturers in the US. We welcome you to apply if interested! You will be asked to create an account, which takes less than one minute and requires only a username and password. The entire application takes no more than 5-7 minutes to complete.
Our Field Service Technicians experience a unique opportunity to employ their technical experience by collaborating with healthcare professionals and leading technical initiatives in medical device technology.
You will be responsible for installing hardware for automated medication dispensing systems within healthcare facilities throughout the United States. This is a great opportunity for you to advance your technical and leadership skills, while building a career path with strong growth opportunities with a leading medical device company!
This position requires you to travel 100% locally, regionally, and nationally. Due to the travel, the role requires open availability Monday through Friday. Work is assignment based, with a typical week including 28-32 hours worked, plus travel time.
Organizing, testing, and assembling automated medication dispensing systems; all tasks revolve around installing and configuring hardware.
- Review of schematics / drawings, documentation, and logistics to support installation activities.
- Carry out pre-assembly, building, and installation of conveyors, automated dispensers & related equipment.
- Installation of pneumatic devices, RFID readers and sensors throughout conveyor system.
- Carry out commissioning of electronic/electrical systems and structured cabling installation.
- Conduct routine checks and record data from product tests after installation and configuration.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with quality compliance requirements.
- Partner with a team of support staff, manage project timelines and customer needs.
- Per-diem, assignment-based position requiring travel and open flexibility.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- HS Diploma required.
- Minimum 1 year related electronic hardware experience required.
- Military veterans with experience in an electronics related MOS encouraged to apply!
- Equivalent education in an electronics/electrical degree or certification will be considered.
- Professional business acumen and communication skills required.
- Must be comfortable with basic software programs and Microsoft operating systems.
- Ability to work with design engineers, project managers & healthcare personnel to identify equipment layout, operations, and workflow required.
- Ability to use hand & power tools, read schematics, and assemble components required.
Experience in technician roles working with electromechanical, electronic, or electrical equipment with basic troubleshooting abilities using electrical diagnostic tools (multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc) is the equivalent experience we require.
General Job Requirements:
- An active and unrestricted driver license required.
- Must have a personal vehicle and willing to use it for job related assignments.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally weekly to support customer needs required.
- Must be located within 30 miles of a major airport.
- Ability to work independently in a customer setting with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Ability to clear hospital vendor credentialing requirements, including proof of vaccination status, required.
Duties may require compliance with client requirements that all those performing services on-site be fully vaccinated.
IQVIA is a global organization with 80,000 employees in over 100 countries. We are widely known for clinical research and analytics. At IQVIA Commercial Field Solutions, we partner with over 60 medical device companies to assist with the implementation, education, and maintenance of their medical devices. This opportunity is a partnership between IQVIA and one of our clients.
IQVIA CFS takes the approach to helping customers drive healthcare forward in this challenging, fast-paced environment. We help customers accelerate results, improve patient outcomes, and unleash new opportunities.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-statusThe potential base pay range for this role is $20.00 - $25.00 per hour. The actual base pay offered may vary based on a number of factors including job-related qualifications such as knowledge, skills, education, and experience; location; and/or schedule (full or part-time). Dependent on the position offered, incentive plans, bonuses, and/or other forms of compensation may be offered, in addition to a range of health and welfare and/or other benefits.