Sr. Systems Engineer I
Boldly innovating to create trusted solutions that detect, predict, and prevent disease.
Discover your power to innovate while making a difference in patients' lives. iRhythm is advancing cardiac care…Join Us Now!
At iRhythm, we are dedicated, self-motivated, and driven to do the right thing for our patients, clinicians, and coworkers. Our leadership is focused and committed to iRhythm’s employees and the mission of the company. We are better together, embrace change and help one another. We are Thinking Bigger and Moving Faster.
About This Role
As a Senior Systems Engineer I within the iRhythm Research & Systems Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of technical projects spanning SaaS, Machine Learning, Big Data, and Mobile technologies in the context of addressing unmet clinical needs. You will work with a talented team to develop a deep understanding of our end-to-end systems, helping to drive execution of software projects throughout its development life cycle.
Note: Will work remote from a US based home office. We are unable to offer any sort of sponsorship for this role.
- Work with engineering and cross-functional stakeholders to research, define, and write technical requirements for software components and systems
- Perform data analysis to aid product and implementation decisions
- Plan and perform design history file (DHF) updates and facilitate V&V with the Software QA team
- Lead root cause investigations and providing solutions for operational issues related to software
- Ownership of software operational performance monitoring and alerting
- Rapidly prototype software and/or write scripts for research and development needs
- Participate and lead risk management, human factor/usability and hazard analysis activities
- Are a quality-minded individual with ability to go detail-oriented while having the big picture in mind
- Enjoy investigative and troubleshooting processes using your excellent analytical and problem solving skills, along with a strong sense of urgency
- Are self-motivated and demonstrates initiative in helping others
- Have effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of system/software engineering experience in the Healthcare, Medical Device, or other Regulated software industry
- Experience with developing technical product/software requirements.
- Understanding of basic statistics and proficiency with data analysis using Python (e.g. pandas) or R
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix/Windows environments, AWS
- BA/BS in science or technical field; Advanced engineering degree desired
- Experience with FDA 21 CFR part 820 and IEC standards 62304, 14971 and 62366
- Experience with failure mode analysis (dFMEA, uFMEA), risk management and hazard analysis
- Experience with human factors and usability engineering processes
- Software development experience with one or more of Python, Java, C#, or C/C++
- Experience working with large amounts of data and tools to handle them (e.g. SQL)
- Experience working on projects utilizing scrum and agile methods
- Experience with Splunk, from creating optimized queries, system alerts, and dashboards
- Experience leading small to medium sized projects
What's In It For You
This is a regular full-time position with competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurances (all of which start on your first day), health savings account employer contributions (when enrolled in high deductible medical plan), cafeteria plan pre-taxed benefits (FSA, dependent care FSA, commute reimbursement accounts), travel reimbursement for medical care, noncontributory basic life insurance & short/ long term disability. Additionally, we offer:
- emotional health support for you and your loved ones
- legal / financial / identity theft/ pet and child referral assistance
- paid parental leave, paid holidays, travel assistance for personal trips and PTO!
iRhythm also provides additional benefits including 401(k) (with company match), an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, pet insurance discount, unlimited amount of Linked In Learning classes and so much more!
FLSA Status: Exempt
Actual compensation may vary depending on job-related factors including knowledge, skills, experience, and work location.
As a part of our core values, we ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome and celebrate people of all backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with all applicable laws.
iRhythm provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including those who may have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About iRhythm Technologies
iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company that creates trusted solutions that detect, predict, and prevent disease. Combining wearable biosensors and cloud-based data analytics with powerful proprietary algorithms, iRhythm distills data from millions of heartbeats into clinically actionable information. Through a relentless focus on patient care, iRhythm’s vision is to deliver better data, better insights, and better health for all.
Make iRhythm your path forward. Zio, the heart monitor that changed the game.