Senior Manager, Analytical Data Solutions - Data Management & Governance
At Gilead, we’re creating a healthier world for all people. For more than 35 years, we’ve tackled diseases such as HIV, viral hepatitis, COVID-19 and cancer – working relentlessly to develop therapies that help improve lives and to ensure access to these therapies across the globe. We continue to fight against the world’s biggest health challenges, and our mission requires collaboration, determination and a relentless drive to make a difference.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Analytical Data Solutions – Data Management & Governance to join the Global Analytics and Commercial Operations (GACO) organization. This role will report to the Director, CRM and Data Strategy and will own data management and governance to facilitate decision making for Commercial business units including Sales, Marketing, and Market Access teams. In this role, you will be responsible for all data management, accessibility and governance framework to enable of analytics solutions.
This opportunity is based at Kite’s HQ in Santa Monica, CA but a remote arrangement may be considered, and include travel to HQ (2-3X per quarter).
- Establish Commercial data Center of Excellence to drive visibility, transparency, and usability of data across analytics teams
- Establish Data lineage and relevant documentation for self service enablement with analytics teams
- Implement data governance though a framework for data ingestion and maintenance
- Facilitate development of data solutions including data marts, metric library, and data dictionary
- Partner with source system Business Process Owners to gain deep knowledge on source data attributes and their relationships to other data sets.
- Business owner of the business logic layer to combine source data for Commercial consumption
- Manage data quality and integrity for Commercial insights
- Define and manage data access and roles for analytics teams. Ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
- Educate and promote data solutions with Commercial stakeholders to progress the democratization of data/insights
- Manage structured and unstructured data sets
- Deep experience in data engineering with data management software (Snowflake, AWS, etc.)
- Lead brainstorming and solution work sessions with stakeholders and partner teams
- Lead the interaction with end users to gather requirements / metrics and communicate value of data solutions
- Ensures operational support needs and downstream implications are addressed when developing solutions
- Facilitate continuous productivity by identifying opportunities to create accelerators, re-useable components, or processes, and deliver improvements
- Provide creative solutions to complex issues where fundamental principles do not clearly apply or where data appears to conflict
- Employ project management and business analysis practices to facilitate solutions within budget, scope, and timelines.
- Up to 20% travel
- Doctorate OR
- Master’s Degree and 6+ years of experience OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience OR
- High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years of experience
- Deep understanding of data management technology platforms/solutions (data warehousing/ETL/systems integration)
- Deep understanding of data democratization practices
- Deep understanding of visualization resources
- Deep experience with manipulating data and identifying data trends
- Deep experience implementing solutions across technologies (SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, AWS, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Pharmaceutical/healthcare Data sets, including claims, master data, sales, etc.
- Experience with business / company harmonization a plus
- Professional experience in life sciences, consulting, or modern data technology
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical industry functions and use of data to provide value to the organization
- Highly developed critical thinking, problem-solving, change management and consulting skills
- Proactive approach to meeting business needs and identifying business opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work and achieve objectives independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with project management, change management and agile principles. Ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to work in a diverse cross-functional environment
- Excellent ability to develop and nurture relationships with team members and stakeholders as well as the ability to be responsive to internal client needs
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com