Associate Director, Cell Therapy Education
Legend Biotech is a global biotechnology company dedicated to treating, and one day curing, life-threatening diseases. Headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, we are developing advanced cell therapies across a diverse array of technology platforms, including autologous and allogenic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell and natural killer (NK) cell-based immunotherapy.
Legend Biotech entered into a global collaboration agreement with Janssen, one of the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson, to jointly develop and commercialize ciltacabtagene autolecuel (cilta-cel) in 2017. Our strategic partnership is designed to combine the strengths and expertise of both companies to advance the promise of an immunotherapy in the treatment of multiple myeloma.
Legend Biotech is seeking an Associate Director, Cell Therapy Education as part of the Commercial Operations Department team to work remotely.
The Associate Director, Cell Therapy Clinical Educator will be responsible for building and leading the Cell Therapy Clinical Educator (CTCE) team for Legend Biotech.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build and on-board a highly effective CTCE team
- In collaboration with marketing, develop strategy and educational initiatives for cell therapy nurses
- Oversee and manage the CTCE team This Associate Director, CTCE is expected to partner with commercial operations in developing metric and measurement tools, partner with sales leadership team in developing an operating model, and partner with internal and external partners for optimal, compliant execution.
- Provide leadership to CTCE team to enable successful delivery of program objectives.
- Define strategy to meet program objectives. Cross-functionally establish success metrics and ensure team clarity and accountability in meeting and/or exceeding stated objectives/metrics.
- Oversee recruiting, staffing, hiring, and training of CTCE’s for team of 10 Clinical Educators x Provide coaching and development to respective CTCE’s to enable high team engagement and performance.
- Create a positive and engaging work environment that rewards accomplishments and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
- Identify and remove operational barriers to team effectiveness.
- Ensure CTCE team is clear and compliant with all appropriate regulations and company guidelines and has right level of guidance and training to ensure highest level of compliance at all times, inclusive of first line monitoring.
- Engage and align Marketing Franchise team on objectives, priorities and resource needs.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to define CTCE role in supporting account specific objectives.
- Engage key customers to define opportunities for collaboration and impact.
- Partner with External Alliances to develop partnerships that support nursing educational needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years field clinical educator experience & 4 years Oncology experience.
- Involvement/membership in ONS (Oncology Nursing Society).
- Previous pharma/biotech experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and presentation), and analytical skills.
- Proven customer focus.
- Demonstrated strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated team work/collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to identify critical activities and tasks and adjusts priorities to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Agility in multitasking.
- Demonstrated ability to read situations quickly, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
- Proven ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Strong organizing/planning skills/disciplined, attention to details.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment with sound decision making skills.
- Able to travel 60% of the time.
- Ability to mentor and coach.
- Proven track record of attaining organizational and personal objectives.
- Proficient in working with Sales and Marketing leaders to develop short and long-term goals that are specific to our sales organization.
- Strong negotiator with others, incorporating various strategies and desired outcomes.
- Ability to influence all customers (both internal and external) on issues that impact the business.
- Ability to perform administrative responsibilities accurately and on time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Legend Biotech is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Legend’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legend Biotech maintains a drug-free workplace.