SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION CLERK
Moffitt Cancer Center
SUPPLY & DISTRIBUTION CLERK
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- General Stores
- Full Time - Evening Shift - Thur - Mon 3pm - 11:30pm
- Req #: 72995
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer and applying these insights to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Our diverse team of over 9,000 are dedicated to serving our patients and creating a workspace where every individual is recognized and appreciated. For this reason, Moffitt has been recognized on the 2023 Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers and America’s Best Employers for Women, Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology, DiversityInc Top Hospitals & Health Systems and continually named one of the Tampa Bay Time’s Top Workplace. Additionally, Moffitt is proud to have earned the prestigious Magnet® designation in recognition of its nursing excellence. Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, and the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast. We are a top 10 nationally ranked cancer center by Newsweek and have been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999.
Working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join our committed team and help shape the future we envision.
Provides for the efficient operation of the Supply Chain by receipt, storage and the distribution of supplies to all patient care areas throughout the Cancer Center. Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision and be able to walk and stand throughout the entire day. Must be able to follow instructions and work quickly and accurately. Supports the Strategic Goals and the Mission of the Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- One (1) year working specifically in Healthcare Supply Chain and Distribution environment is preferred.
- Experience with vendor management software and in-person (customer service) interactions
- Specific Pyxis experience
- Mobile Supply Chain Management (MSCM)
- Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, Business Operations/Management
- Coordinate and facilitate the logistics and delivery of supplies throughout the Center
- Track shipments and maintain shipment reports
- Minimize lead times and ensure on time delivery of materials/equipment to support customer needs
- Track and update orders, delivery commitments, and inventory receipts both inside and outside of MSCMsoftware-
- Monitor equipment for expiration dates and inspecting inventory for quality, and/or damage-
- Independently resolve issues as they arise (delay in delivery, accidents, back orders)-
- Operate lightweight motor vehicle to retrieve and deliver materials
- Communicate with customer groups using STAT phone to identify supply needs and set expectation regarding delivery
- Educate and consult with customers to increase service, meet expectations, and encourage open communication regarding service and delivery enhancements
- Facilitate inventory auditing process on a routine basis (monthly, quarterly, as needed) by manually counting all merchandise to get a full and accurate count.
- Document any discrepancies and report findings verbally and in writing
- Improve supply chain processes to include identifying any "pain points" or opportunity areas for continued improvement and operational efficiency (e.g., bottlenecking, safety regulations)
Other duties as assigned
- Keep the storeroom neat and clutter free
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of two (2) years supply chain and distribution experience directly involved in distribution and receiving operational support
- Perform physical tasks daily associated with picking & pulling products, delivery of those products and putting stock away. Restock Pyxis machines and Par locations throughout the organizations.
- Assists with product rotation and monitoring expiration dates. Utilizes handheld devices. Communicates effectively and provides excellent customer service. Performs routine tasks as assigned with little to no supervision.
- Acquiring new skills and gaining an understanding of role responsibilities. Increase medical product Knowledge
- Associate’s Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.