ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST PRN
Moffitt Cancer Center
ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST PRN
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- PRN (As Needed) - Evening Shift - M-S varied hours
- Req #: 74634
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer and applying these insights to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Our diverse team of over 9,000 are dedicated to serving our patients and creating a workspace where every individual is recognized and appreciated. For this reason, Moffitt has been recognized on the 2023 Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers and America’s Best Employers for Women, Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology, DiversityInc Top Hospitals & Health Systems and continually named one of the Tampa Bay Time’s Top Workplace. Additionally, Moffitt is proud to have earned the prestigious Magnet® designation in recognition of its nursing excellence. Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, and the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast. We are a top 10 nationally ranked cancer center by Newsweek and have been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999.
Working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join our committed team and help shape the future we envision.
- Under the broad direction of the Radiologist and Administrator of Diagnostic Imaging, the Ultrasound Technologist shall perform ultrasound examinations on selected portions of the anatomy as requested by the clinician on patients based on age appropriateness. The technologist is expected to preform a variety of ultrasound procedures with the knowledge and ability to obtain a quality diagnostic examination.
- Responsible to obtain patient history and appropriate clinical data to aid in the diagnostic of the patient.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Competency in all aspects of Sonography, a working knowledge of anatomy and an understanding of pathology, which affect the quality of the ultrasound procedure.
- Interpersonal skills and basic computer skills.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in ultrasound within a hospital setting.
- Complete the required calibration and understand the Quality Assurance guidelines for equipment.
- Must be competent in performing all Ultrasound exams and knowledgeable on the usage of all equipment.
- Able to understand and apply correct billing charges per exam.
- Coordinate work flow and patient schedules.
- Maintain proper supplies to function on a day to day basis.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program or equivalent associate degree.
- Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or equivalent at the time of hire OR can obtain within 1 year of hire.
- BLS certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.