ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS TECH I
Moffitt Cancer Center
ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS TECH I
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt McKinley Hospital (MMH)
- MMH Environmental Svcs
- Full Time - Day Shift - Sat and Sunday 7amto3:30pm and mond, Tues, and Friday 9am to 5:30pm
- Req #: 74417
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer and applying these insights to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Our diverse team of over 9,000 are dedicated to serving our patients and creating a workspace where every individual is recognized and appreciated. For this reason, Moffitt has been recognized on the 2023 Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers and America’s Best Employers for Women, Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology, DiversityInc Top Hospitals & Health Systems and continually named one of the Tampa Bay Time’s Top Workplace. Additionally, Moffitt is proud to have earned the prestigious Magnet® designation in recognition of its nursing excellence. Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, and the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast. We are a top 10 nationally ranked cancer center by Newsweek and have been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999.
Working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join our committed team and help shape the future we envision.
- One of the BEST Employee Referral Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave and other Leaves
- Education Assistance
- And many, many more....
Under the direction of an Environmental Services Supervisor, the Environmental Services Technician is responsible for disinfecting areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and infection as well as providing an environment that appears clean, fresh, and polished. This position performs a variety of duties that support the department in maintaining a clean environment for patients and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- High touch surface disinfection and cleaning
- Properly clean and disinfect all types of areas including clinical inpatient/outpatient (patient rooms, exam rooms, nurse stations, etc.), support/common areas, offices, labs, conference rooms, elevators, stairwells, corridors, external grounds, etc.
- Handle and dispose of medical waste and sharps observing all required precautions, including properly tying and labeling bags
- Use proper chemicals, tools, and equipment for each situation
- Clean spills containing blood or other potentially infectious material using established infection control, safety, and ES departmental procedures
- Occasionally may have to travel to off-site locations
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Policies and Procedures
- Follow departmental and other regulatory standards regarding all cleaning policies and procedures (using proper disinfectants, labeling chemical bottles, keeping an organized cart, etc.)
- Perform all essential functions following established safety and infection control requirements (perform hand hygiene, wear PPE, etc.)
- Follow instructions and guidelines set forth by Environmental Services management
- Training and Competencies
- Demonstrate competency by completing required departmental education and training
- Represent the Environmental Services department positively and professionally at all times
- Maintain positive relationships and good communication with patients, visitors, staff members, and those within the Environmental Services department
- Report all facilities/maintenance issues to Supervisor
Credentials and Qualifications:
- No Experience Required.
- No Education Required.
- Ability to follow basic oral/written instructions in English (for the safety of our patients and staff in an emergency situation)
- Some prior experience in healthcare, Environmental Services, customer service, janitorial, or hospitality (OR) completion of a healthcare environmental services training from MacDonald Training Center
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.