CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Moffitt Cancer Center
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- Tampa, FL
- McKinley Campus (MKC)
- Cutaneous Onc Clin
- Full Time - Day Shift - 830a - 5p
- Req #: 74536
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer and applying these insights to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Our diverse team of over 9,000 are dedicated to serving our patients and creating a workspace where every individual is recognized and appreciated. For this reason, Moffitt has been recognized on the 2023 Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers and America’s Best Employers for Women, Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology, DiversityInc Top Hospitals & Health Systems and continually named one of the Tampa Bay Time’s Top Workplace. Additionally, Moffitt is proud to have earned the prestigious Magnet® designation in recognition of its nursing excellence. Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, and the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast. We are a top 10 nationally ranked cancer center by Newsweek and have been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999.
Working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join our committed team and help shape the future we envision.
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Moffitt Cancer Center’s Cutaneous Oncology Program is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida and widely regarded as one of the top advanced skin cancer programs in the country, providing a wide-ranging scope of preventative, diagnostic and therapeutic services in a single location. We provide:
- Diagnostic imaging services, including lymphoscintigraphy
- Biopsies and expedited on-site results processing
- Surgical excision of tumors, including Mohs surgery, robotic-assisted lymphadenectomy and minimally invasive groin dissection for metastatic melanomas
- Limb and liver perfusions
- Radiation therapy
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Supportive care
- Systematic therapies including immunotherapy and targeted therapies
- Risk assessment and mole mapping services for high-risk individuals
Our Cutaneous Oncology Clinic cares for 75-110 patients in a daily basis. We are currently in need of a Certified Medical Assistant to join our program.
- Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
- The Certified Medical Assistant will assist by keeping patient rooms stocked, taking vitals, performing skin biopsies, taking wound cultures, photography of skin lesions and/or malignancies, Post-op wound dressing changes, suture and staple removal.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Prior experience in an outpatient clinic setting as a Medical Assistant.
- Dermatology experience
- Experience with high patient volume as a Medical Assistant
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- BLS Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.