SECURITY OFFICER III
Moffitt Cancer Center
SECURITY OFFICER III
- Tampa, FL
- McKinley Campus (MKC)
- Full Time - Evening Shift - Mon-Fri (4p - 12a)
- Req #: 74281
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer and applying these insights to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Our diverse team of over 9,000 are dedicated to serving our patients and creating a workspace where every individual is recognized and appreciated. For this reason, Moffitt has been recognized on the 2023 Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers and America’s Best Employers for Women, Computerworld magazine’s list of 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology, DiversityInc Top Hospitals & Health Systems and continually named one of the Tampa Bay Time’s Top Workplace. Additionally, Moffitt is proud to have earned the prestigious Magnet® designation in recognition of its nursing excellence. Moffitt is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, and the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast. We are a top 10 nationally ranked cancer center by Newsweek and have been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999.
Working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join our committed team and help shape the future we envision.
Schedule: Mon-Fri (4p - 12a)
The Security Officer III is directly responsible for making every professional effort to provide a safe and secure environment while providing assistance to patients, visitors, staff and others as needed. The Security Officer III position is highly visible and may be assigned to either static or mobile posts and shall act in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
At times the Security Officer III will serve as the first point of contact to patients, visitors and other guests and assist by screening and assigning access through the visitor management system. At other times, the Security Officer III actively patrols buildings and grounds in addition to responding to calls for service. A high degree of visibility and vigilance with emphasis on crime deterrence and prevention coupled with a guest relations oriented attitude is essential. This position plays a key role in the investigation, reporting and documenting of incidents involving criminal activity, safety and security issues, potential liability, employee misconduct and the resolution of critical incidents. The Security Officer III reports directly to the Security Supervisor and has accountability to the Manager of Safety and Security.
- Ensures that security sensitive areas are properly secured.
- Monitors camera systems and uses cameras to assist in investigations Observes and reports security and safety issues.
- Reports equipment alarms to responsible parties.
- Checks functionality of card access devices and doors.
- Conducts smoking patrols and enforces Center policies.
- Conducts investigations and completed written reports on suspected criminal activity, workplace violence, employee misconduct, slip, trip, and fall incidents.
- Responds to calls for service of medical assistance, employee terminations, patient security, patient medication transports.
- Responds to reported crimes in progress and provides assistance to law enforcement, critical incidents, and duress alarms.
- Assists at key entry points and service desks with check-in and screening of patients, visitors and guests through the visitor management system.
- Assists with printing of employees ID/Access badges and assigning access permissions.
- Assists with lost & found property.
- Assists patients with locker unlocks.
- Assists patients and visitors by providing directions.
- Receives deliveries of packages after-hours.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Education/GED required.
- Minimum five (5) years security experience in a hospital setting.
- Law enforcement, military service, or military police experience may be substituted on a one-for-one basis.
- Valid FL driver’s license is required. Must obtain Valid Florida Driver's License upon hire.
- 7 years law enforcement experience. Supervisory experience in law enforcement or a hospital security setting.
- Law Enforcement Investigations experience.
- IAHSS Basic and Advanced Certifications.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Experience working with video monitoring technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.