Internship - Bio Analytics
Novo Nordisk US
About the Department
Dicerna, a Novo Nordisk company, is focused on driving innovation in RNAi (ribonucleic acid interference) to selectively target and silence genes that cause or contribute to disease. Our proprietary GalXC™ and GalXC-Plus™ RNAi technologies have the potential to address conditions that are difficult or impossible to treat with other modalities. Established as a Transformational Research Unit (TRU) following Novo Nordisk’s acquisition of Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2021, the Dicerna TRU is a unique new organization within Novo Nordisk that brings together the best of both worlds – the agility, collaborative pioneering spirit and calculated risk-taking profile of a biotech along with the scale, resources and capabilities of a global leader in drug development. With approximately 200 researchers, scientists, drug developers and operational staff, we are a team of inventive and entrepreneurial thinkers pushing the boundaries of science to create and drive new RNAi-based therapies for both rare and more prevalent diseases from the bench to the clinic. Together, we are driving change. Are you ready to make a difference?
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced industry professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, a leadership engagement series, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development.
Program Start: June 3rd, 2024.
Program End: August 9th, 2024.
Scope of Position
The Bioanalytical intern will learn about nonclinical ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion), and specifically, pharmacokinetics (PK) analysis using bioanalytical instrumentation (e.g. high-performance liquid chromatography fluorescence detection (HPLC-FD); liquid chromatography – mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). The intern will be trained on our bioanalysis workflow, including sample preparation, liquid chromatography (LC) method development, and data processing (e.g. Microsoft Excel; GraphPad). The intern will be expected to present their project results in our biweekly Nonclinical and Clinical Pharmacology meeting.
- 0% overnight travel required.
- Must be a current student enrolled or recently graduated (graduation date no earlier than April 2024) at/from an accredited college or university pursuing at least a bachelor’s degree.
- A completed or in progress bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline preferred.
- Strong academic record with a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.