Research Associate - Oligonucleotide Bioanalysis
Novo Nordisk US
About the Department
Dicerna, a Novo Nordisk company, is focused on driving innovation in RNAi (ribonucleic acid interference) to selectively target and silence genes that cause or contribute to disease. Our proprietary GalXC™ and GalXC-Plus™ RNAi technologies have the potential to address conditions that are difficult or impossible to treat with other modalities. Established as a Transformational Research Unit (TRU) following Novo Nordisk’s acquisition of Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2021, the Dicerna TRU is a unique new organization within Novo Nordisk that brings together the best of both worlds – the agility, collaborative pioneering spirit and calculated risk-taking profile of a biotech along with the scale, resources and capabilities of a global leader in drug development. With approximately 200 researchers, scientists, drug developers and operational staff, we are a team of inventive and entrepreneurial thinkers pushing the boundaries of science to create and drive new RNAi-based therapies for both rare and more prevalent diseases from the bench to the clinic. Together, we are driving change. Are you ready to make a difference?
We are seeking an ADME Research Associate to help advance the development of our growing pipeline of product candidates. The individual in this position will assist in the conduct of nonclinical studies including sample preparation, HPLC-FD analysis and potentially UPLC-MS/MS analysis.
- Biological sample preparation for analysis (blood, urine, tissues, and cells)
- Knowledge of method development, method qualification, and sample analysis techniques including using HPLC, PCR and other analytical methods
- Enthusiasm for working with a team and being a team player
- Management and interpretation of experimental data, with appropriate documentation
- Preparation of solutions
- Assist in the conduct of rodent studies
- Willingness to QC experimental data
0-10% overnight travel required.
- B.S./M.S. in a scientific discipline required. 0+ years of pharmaceutical industry or CRO experience and a backgroundin analytical chemistry, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or related discipline preferred,
- Enthusiasm for meeting program timelines and goals
- Understanding of molecular biology techniques and liquid chromatography principles
- Experience with oligonucleotides preferred but not required
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills, as well as attention to detail
- Effective organization skills and ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.