Internship - Microphysiological Systems (Multiple Positions)
Novo Nordisk US
About the Department
At Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI) our scientists apply cutting-edge technologies to early R&D projects with the goal of bringing real change to people with Diabetes and Obesity. Our scientists apply state-of-the-art technologies within the diabetes and obesity areas, with the goal of bringing molecules to market. Your skills, dedication and ambition will help change lives for the better and you will work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive changes to defeat serious chronic conditions. We recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which stimulates a strong culture of ingenuity and innovation and our support of a healthy work-life balance adds to a best-in-class employee experience. The team is comprised of collaborative, diverse and passionate people who have a true sense of pride in their work and are committed to helping others grow and develop in their careers. You’ll also have a platform to engage with key stakeholders on a global scale throughout the entire pipeline process. And while changing the future of obesity treatment is no easy task, we also recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which is why we’ve cultivated a culture of fun, ingenuity and innovation. We are changing lives, are you ready to make a difference?
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced industry professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, a leadership engagement series, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development.
Program Start: June 3rd, 2024.
Program End: August 9th, 2024.
Scope of Position
The Microphysiological Systems intern will be part of building the new advanced in vitro models for cardiometabolic diseases. The intern will provide daily scientific input for experimental setup as well as performing the agreed upon experiments needed. The intern will be responsible for gathering data and presenting it to the department. This positions provides hands on experience to help drive change for our patients.
- 0% overnight travel required.
- Must be a current student enrolled or recently graduated (graduation date no earlier than April 2024) at/from an accredited college or university pursuing at least a bachelor’s degree.
- A completed or in progress Bachelors or Masters degree in Bioengineering, Professional Studies, Biology, or a related discipline preferred.
- Strong academic record with a preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.