Associate Value Strategy and Payer Engagement Director
Novo Nordisk US
Are you looking for a unique role that allows you to work across projects in the new therapeutic areas for future Cardiovascular products? Do you want to be part of a company with a strong pipeline with an entrepreneurial mindset that is focused on building the future?
Then join us and be part of our journey to set the footprint in the industry!
With new launches on the horizon, you can impact the success of our company and be part of shaping the future of healthcare. This is a unique opportunity to take on a role that is different from traditional positions and help us build something truly special.
As the Associate Director of Value Strategy and Payer Engagement (VSPE), you will lead the charge in driving value assessments for in-house early pipeline assets and external business development opportunities in the cardiovascular and chronic kidney disease space. You will have the chance to work with an international and high-performing team based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and engage proactively with the broader market access network of stakeholders in both Global and Operations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for market access activities related to commercial and portfolio assessments within the Cardiorenal space
- Leading market access activities for pipeline and business development assets, ensuring that market access requirements are communicated and implemented into key project decisions
- Representing the CETA market access team in cross-functional project teams and governance to support project decisions
- Driving relevant external payer engagement activities to inform and drive our approaches and strategy
- Proactively identifying payer environment trends and their implications for access strategies within the cardiorenal space
The position requires someone who can bring innovation and breakthrough thinking to our team. Increasingly, payers set the bar high for the requirements that it takes to get access in progressively more complicated payer landscapes.
To be successful in this role, some key factors that will contribute to your success include:
- At least 7 years of comprehensive market access experience, both from strategic and operational market access roles, ideally within the pharmaceutical industry and/or a consultancy company.
- A relevant master’s degree and fluency in English
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Solid experience with setting the direction and the strategy for your area
- A deep level of TA knowledge within cardiovascular and chronic kidney disease is preferred but not a requirement
As a person, you possess exceptional communication skills, a strong grasp of commercial concepts, and a great deal of personal drive, and freedom. You demonstrate a deep understanding of the business and industry and have a natural ability to identify new and innovative approaches when driving projects and deliverables related to our assets.
About the department
CETA Market Access team sets the payer-facing direction for Novo Nordisk’s future drug portfolio within the Cardiovascular & Emerging Therapy Areas (CETA) franchise: cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and NASH/liver disease. As such, the team provides strategic input to the value strategy and payer requirements for our pipeline products across the franchise. Together with our good colleagues across Novo Nordisk, we are proud to be a key partner in the commercial success of the long-term future of Novo Nordisk. While sharing a pursuit of ambitious goals we’re also committed to maintaining a healthy and creative work culture and work-life balance
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development to manufacturing, marketing, market access, and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
For further information, please contact Vice President, CETA Market Access, Søren Ilsøe Moreno at +45 3075 9978.
26 February 2024
Please note, that applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application, but please include a few sentences about why you are applying in your resume or CV. To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.