Team Leads for complex sustainability projects
Novo Nordisk US
Would you like to join a team tasked with executing projects that eliminate the use of fossil fuels from Novo Nordisk's Danish production sites? Then we have a unique opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing project organization as a People Manager and lead projects that contribute to our zero environmental impact strategy, Circular for Zero!
We are seeking three experienced people managers with project management expertise to head up three teams:
- a team lead for a group of ten or more project managers working with projects not including High Voltage,
- a team lead for a group of 12 Project Managers and 2 SME’s working with High Voltage projects – Power-To-Site and Power-On-Site,
- a team lead for a group of operational staff (10 people), including 2 operations managers and 8 high voltage technicians responsible for operating the high voltage networks at 4 Novo Nordisk sites in Greater Copenhagen.
The team is tasked with constructing Power-to-Site across major Danish production sites, ensuring robust, scalable, and highly reliable connections to the external power network as critical infrastructure. The team will also establish a local distribution network and site-wide utilities for steam, heat, water, cooling, and emergency power backup, aiming for fossil-free service delivery.
As a Team Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Setting the direction of several project managers working on utility projects on our Danish production sites.
- Dynamic staffing process, encompassing recruitment, hiring, and the careful management of workforce changes within our expanding organization.
- Developing our employees and producing talents.
- Managing stakeholders across different seniority levels in Novo Nordisk, all the way from equipment owners, other project managers to senior management.
- Offering support together with your team to the Senior Project Managers running our flagship projects that aim to transform our energy infrastructure.
Furthermore, this is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the execution team, ensuring that we implement tangible and significant steps towards achieving zero environmental impact.
To succeed in this position, you have:
- Preferably a Master’s degree in Engineering or similar with 2+ years of people management experience and can demonstrate solid results in developing an organization.
- Great problem-solving skills with a structured and skilled approach to navigating high complexity.
- Some experience with hiring and onboarding new employees.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and experience at all levels.
- Ability to motivate yourself and your project team.
- Project management experience or experience within energy design, energy infrastructure, or utility installations is an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and Danish as a plus.
As an individual with a can-do attitude, you work systematically, logically, and proactively. You are self-driven, structured, robust, and capable of handling a high-paced and complex work environment without losing oversight and motivation.
About the Department
The job is anchored in the department “Sustainable Utility Projects,” which is part of Corporate Facilities. We manage a large portfolio of sustainability projects at multiple impact and maturity levels, some spanning the entire organization. We drive execution all the way from design to handover and work systematically and strategically to implement ‘Circular for Zero’ initiatives within the areas of energy supplies and utility installations. We collaborate across many business areas of Novo Nordisk and with external partners including consultants and contractors.
Working at Novo Nordisk
We are a proud life-science company, and life is our reason to exist. We’re inspired by life in all its forms and shapes, ups and downs, opportunities, and challenges. For employees at Novo Nordisk, life means many things – from the building blocks of life that form the basis of groundbreaking scientific research to our rich personal lives that motivate and energize us to perform our best at work. Ultimately, life is why we’re all here - to ensure that people can lead a life independent of chronic disease.
For further information, please contact Project Director Henrik Vidstrup +45 3079 1259.
Apply before February, 26th.
Please note that we will conduct interviews after the posting deadline.
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo to your CV.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.