Manager - Employee Relations
Novo Nordisk US
About the Department
Imagine being a part of a team committed to helping people defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions. Here at Novo Nordisk, we seek out opportunities to contribute to healthier communities and better lives for all people. And, that’s what you’ll gain by joining Novo Nordisk’s People & Organization team. Our P&O team is passionate about their purpose – enabling business success the Novo Nordisk Way by turning the Company’s business strategy into an actionable workforce strategy. A strategy which captures the entire employee life-cycle. At Novo Nordisk, you will join an inclusive team of diverse talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development. Are you ready?
The Manager, Employee Relations role ensures consistent and thorough management of Employee Relations processes, including performance management. Leverages advanced business and industry knowledge to make process enhancements. Leads, participates, and performs Employee Relations and Corrective Action processes. Counsels and provides assistance to employees and various levels of management in employee or management issues guided by company's employee relations policies. Independently identifies and resolves complex problems, displaying a high level of critical thinking skills. Develops and maintains open and positive communication with all internal stakeholders and collaborative partners to assist in attaining departmental and company goals. Consistently promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees involved in Employee Relations related processes.
The Manager, Employee Relations role reports directly to the Associate Director, Employee Relations and serves as a mentor to the Associate/Sr. Associate Employee Relations roles. This position will partner closely with internal stakeholders/clients, including HR Business Partners, line of business managers, Affiliates, Centers of Excellence, Employment Attorneys, Legal Department, Compliance Department, and other relevant departments to ensure the successful implementation of all Employee Relations processes, which includes, but is not limited to, performance management. Provides guidance and training to less experienced Employee Relations staff.
- Mitigates risk to the organization by resolving complex and sensitive ER related issues
- Ensures proactive engagement with Employment Law Attorneys, HR Business Partners and all other relevant partners on all ER matters
- Ensures consistent interpretation and application of Novo Nordisk employment policy and practice in all aspects of the employment relationship and related to ER case handling
- Tracks and analyzes ER issue trends, diagnoses root causes, and develops recommendations for corrective strategies
- Participates in the design, development, and delivery of Novo Nordisk policy and ER training initiatives
- Partners with HR Business Partners and business leaders to provide managers with development opportunities in the areas of performance management, conflict resolution and employee engagement
- Partners with HR Business Partners to provide guidance to managers that will enable them to demonstrate accountability for their teams and the work environment
- Builds strong partnerships with HR Business Partners, Employment Law, Compliance, Risk and Accountability, and all internal partners to foster trust and accountability
- Counsels and provides assistance to employees and all levels of management in employee or management issues guided by the Company 's Employee Relations policies
- Provides guidance and coaching to management in the formal discipline or termination of employees
- Provides consultation, guidance, and coaching to HR Business Partners and managers to ensure the appropriate handling and resolution of ER matters
- Obtains factual information concerning employee/management inquiries and/or complaints
- Leads and manages corrective action cases consistent with the Company 's Disciplinary and Termination Policy. Serves as primary lead for all corrective action related to the Disciplinary and Termination Policy
- Serves as lead collaborative partner with HR Business Partners, line of business, Centers of Excellence, and Legal to ensure successful pull through of corrective action plans and/or performance management
- Manages ER data in order to identify, measure, and analyze functional, organizational, and systemic performance trends and develops insights
- Demonstrates keen ability to consult, coach, collaborate, and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrates subject matter expert knowledge of key resources such as competency models, performance management tools, and business processes
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance
- Demonstrates subject matter expert understanding of EEO regulations and related laws, NNI policies, and business work rules
- Assist in cross-training and developing other Employee Relations roles, as necessary
10-20% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor 's degree required; relevant experience and/or certification in specialized HR function may be substituted for degree when appropriate. PHR, SPHR, CEBS, or CBP certification preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years ' of HR experience (e.g., Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partner, HR Generalist) or 5 (five) years of HR experience with an Masters in Human Resources with at least 4 years of Employee Relations experience preferred
- A solid, working knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and federal legislation related to employment practices and general HR administration is required
- Demonstrated performance in consulting with line managers in matters relating to employee development, performance management and general HR related area is required
- Demonstrated strategic ability and broad knowledge of performance management practices and approaches is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.