Senior Product Portfolio Partner
Novo Nordisk US
Are you looking to apply your strong planning, collaboration skills, and the deep understanding of pharma supply chain in the strategic crossroads of product development and sourcing? Do you thrive in leading development projects across products and categories?
If it sounds like you, become a vital member of Novo Nordisk’s Strategic Sourcing (StSo) unit in the Alliance, Acquisition, and Product Portfolio management team. Your contributions will shape the future of our product portfolio, therefore, don’t hesitate to join us today!
As Senior Product Portfolio Partner, your primary responsibility involves leading development projects and overseeing marketed products in Novo Nordisk from a sourcing perspective. You will represent StSo, and as applicable, more operational inbound supply organisations, in selected Product Supply Core/Sub Teams to drive new drugs to market and make Life Cycle Management optimisations.
Some of your key tasks include:
- Playing a pivotal role in developing sourcing strategies, providing a holistic perspective across sourcing categories for materials used across multiple brands/products
- Collaborating with stakeholders at various levels, fostering teamwork from peer level to senior management - both within and outside StSo
- Planning and executing workdays to proactively influence or support decision-making in Core Teams and categories
- Gaining insights into and shaping Novo Nordisk’s drug pipeline and marketed product landscape, applying a portfolio mindset for strategic recommendations
- Establishing a diverse network, serving as a unique foundation for future career development in strategic aspects of product development, production, and sourcing
To be considered for this position, we believe you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Science, Supply Chain, or a related discipline
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, portfolio management, category management (e.g. drug substance/drug product) or a similar function within a pharmaceutical company
- Bring an in depth understanding of Pharma development and supply chain
- Demonstrate a strategic mindset with a keen ability to identify and act on key insights in a timely manner
- Display proficiency in both spoken and written English
Solid understanding of pharmaceutical production and/or sourcing experience would be considered a plus.
As a person, you embody self-motivation, and use your strong planning, collaboration, and communication skills to navigate a complex organisation and a highly diverse working environment with many projects, products, and stakeholders. You bring a positive mindset and good sense of humour to work even when the pressure is on, as you have learned that results are best achieved through good relations, positive curiosity, and trust in one another.
About the department
StSo is the central sourcing unit in Novo Nordisk’s Product Supply division, responsible for medium- and long-term strategic sourcing activities, which involves global identification and strategic management of suppliers for Novo Nordisk’s worldwide pharmaceutical production sites.
By becoming part of our team, you immerse yourself in a thorough yet fast-paced and ambitious environment, where we collaborate closely with stakeholders, inside and outside StSo. The Alliance, Acquisition, and Product Portfolio team is a newly established team to cater for the expansion and growth of Novo Nordisk. With the office in the Product Supply HQ in Bagsværd. Note that in 2025 HQ for Product Supply will move to Tåstrup.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
For further information, please contact Katrine Kjær Byg at +45 30750609.
25 February 2024. Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application, but please include a few sentences about why you are applying in your resume or CV. To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo to your CV.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.