Director in Digital Transformation
Novo Nordisk US
Are you ready to take the lead on the digital agenda and transform how research is done? Do you have a passion for leveraging digital technologies to generate new biology insights and optimise laboratory processes to enhance patient outcomes? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Global Drug Discovery team at Novo Nordisk. Read on and apply today for a life-changing career.
As a Director in Digital Transformation, your role involves driving the digital agenda for GDD (Global Drug Discovery) and subsequent prioritisation to meet the aspirations. You will lead strategic projects, develop long and short-term digital business strategies and plan and oversee their implementation. An important part of your role will be to build and maintain trusting partnerships with internal and external stakeholders in ways that accomplish key business objectives. In addition, you will lead a dedicated team and contribute to building the team.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Building digital strategy aspiration in GDD and making sure that it is executed in collaboration with various departments
- Setting direction, coaching, and guiding team members to fulfil the defined goals
- Demonstrating stakeholder management skills and ability to progress efficaciously with functional deliverables within the defined processes, teams, governance and delivery model
- Continuously challenging process framework to secure the maximal value outcome generated based on the agile methodology
- Identification of new opportunities for GDD within digital activities (e.g. data science, data management, software tools etc) and other related activities
You hold a PhD or Master’s degree in life science with several years of experience in Digital Transformation preferably within the pharmaceutical industry and ideally with some practical experience within drug discovery in your past.
To be successful in this position, you have:
- In depth knowledge of the drug discovery, development processes and business aspects
- Project management experience and ability to run cross-functional teams
- Extensive stakeholder management skills
- Preferably demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge within Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) is an advantage
On a personal level, you have a lean and innovative mindset and capability to make decisions based on complex information. You possess extensive collaboration, analytical and problem-solving skills. Others are drawn to your leadership for your exceptional communication, inspiration, authenticity, and commitment to developing others.
About the department
You will build, develop and lead a team with different type of capabilities supporting the digital transformation, e.g. laboratory end-to-end workflow optimization, data scientists, business anchored product owners, business analyst. The team is part of Global Drug Discovery Strategy Development & Digital Transformation, comprising strategy, business support, communication & digital transformation.
You will primary be placed in Måløv but minor travel is expected to support the global organization covering US, UK, and China.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
For more information please contact Søren Smed Østergaard, Vice President on email@example.com or Marianne Willert, Director on firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 February 2024.
You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application, but please include a few sentences about why you are applying in your resume or CV. To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV. Interviews will be conducted on a regular basis.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.