Senior Accounting Lead
Novo Nordisk US
Are you an experienced accountant with good analytical and communication skills? Do you thrive in a diverse and multicultural work environment and would like to join a company who is a leader in diabetes and is dedicated to serve patients with chronic diseases?
If this sounds interesting, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The BA SEE Office is based in Warsaw, having employees working remotely across EU East & South countries.
As Centre of Excellence Senior Accountant, you will be based in one of countries in EU East & South, preferably Hungary.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, organising and overlooking proper and timely monthly closings. Coordinating, monitoring and supporting external tax service providers in ensuring tax compliance
- Delivering timely and high-quality Group reporting in cooperation with GBS India and external statutory reporting in cooperation with outsourcing service provider
- Internal controls management, liaising with external and internal audit
- Providing trainings and supporting local organizations on company’s standard processes within finance topics, being the first point of contact for accounting matters for Line of Business
- Lead/participate in ad hoc projects
You will be also acting as a Business partner to Operations and Finance Directors, being a role model of Novo Nordisk Way.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Min. 7 years of experience in accounting
- Academic degree in Finance or Accounting - Master’s degree and Certification in Accounting is considered plus
- Experience and knowledge of IFRS, general tax matters and strong knowledge of SAP
- Experience from an international and/or pharmaceutical company will be considered plus
- Excellent analytical skills, quality, process and results driven, with high level accounting expertise
- Fluency in spoken and written English
On a personal level you should have high level of energy, team orientated personality with a “can do” attitude, willing to pro-actively and openly communicate and interact professionally and confidently with different stakeholders at all levels. In this role you should be able to stay focused while working under strict deadlines, to work fast under minimum supervision and feel comfortable taking on new responsibilities.
About the Department
As a Senior Accounting Lead, CoE you will report to the Centre of Excellence Accounting Director based in Warsaw, Poland.
The Centre of Excellence Accounting has been established during 2018 and we are currently responsible for the end-to-end accounting across 19 countries and 20 Novo Nordisk entities within three Business Areas in Europe East: BA SEE, BAGCEB and Poland. The Centre is key point of contact for Global Business Services in India, internal and external auditors as well as external service providers and hold the responsibility for ensuring effective end-to-end accounting processes as well as high quality deliverables from all parties in the processes. In Centre of Excellence we are ambitiously working to improve, standardize and optimise accounting processes across our countries
Working at Novo Nordisk
We are a proud life-science company, and life is our reason to exist. We’re inspired by life in all its forms and shapes, ups and downs, opportunities and challenges. For employees at Novo Nordisk, life means many things – from the building blocks of life that form the basis of ground-breaking scientific research, to our rich personal lives that motivate and energise us to perform our best at work. Ultimately, life is why we’re all here - to ensure that people can lead a life independent of chronic disease.
To submit your application, please upload your CV online (click on Apply and follow the instructions).
You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application. To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.
Apply before 26.02.2024.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.