Remote Director - Medical Affairs Omnichannel Engagement
Novo Nordisk US
About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
Director of Medical Affairs Omnichannel Engagement will lead a team to develop systems, procedures and processes to initiate and optimize Medical Affairs omnichannel activities. With a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare landscape, and a strong working knowledge of digital communication and technology, the primary objective of this role is to drive modernization of stakeholder engagement within Medical Affairs and CMR.
Reports to Sr Director in MA Strategy Planning and Omnichannel Engagement.
This role will lead a team within Medical Affairs to develop and execute a comprehensive medical omnichannel engagement strategy that aligns Medical Affairs Therapy area goals.
Interacts proactively and extensively with TA Program Development Leads, Alignment Directors senior leadership teams, Scientific communication (SCOE, CDOR), global omnichannel leaders commercial omnichannel leaders.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve goal to modernize stakeholder engagement within Medical Affairs
- Develop a comprehensive medical omnichannel engagement strategy that aligns with overall therapy area goals and objectives
- Oversees creation and execution of MA advanced scientific engagement plans
- Develops systems, procedures & processes to optimize MA omnichannel engagement including utilization of data to analyze and measure the effectiveness of medical omnichannel engagement efforts
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all medical affairs omnichannel engagement efforts, providing guidance and leadership to internal teams and external partners including MA therapy areas, Sci Comms, MA Omnichannel Operations and commercial omnichannel leaders
10-20% overnight travel required.
Development of People
Ensure that reporting personnel have individual development plans (IDP), with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process.
Ensure that the IDP forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- Advanced degree required (e.g. MBA or Pharm D)
- Experience Level: Minimum 7 years progressive experience in pharmaceutical industry, including strategic planning and team/department leadership
- Experience in field medical affairs and leading medical affairs omnichannel engagement efforts is preferred
- Experience leading teams required
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare delivery, healthcare systems, and pharmacotherapy is required to understand and plan for the future healthcare landscape
- Ability to balance both long and short-term projects with the ability to work under pressure, prioritize and deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously under tight timelines
- Must anticipate needs, exercise good judgment and proactively identify problems and roadblocks
- Prior experience in synthesizing complex information into concise, effective deliverables
- Prior experience influencing effectively in a matrixed, global environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills - change and stakeholder management skills required to build and maintain relationships with functions ranging from Executive Management to Subject Matter Experts
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
The base compensation range for this position is $ 235,000 to $282,793. Base compensation is determined based on a number of factors. In addition, this position is part of Annual Incentive Plan. The role may also be eligible for a long-term incentive bonus depending on performance and other Company factors.
Employees are also eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs including medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; disability insurance; 401(k) savings plan; flexible spending accounts; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement program; and voluntary benefits such as group legal, critical illness, identity theft protection, pet insurance and auto/home insurance. The Company also offers time off pursuant to its uncapped sick time policy, flex-able vacation policy, and parental leave policy.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.