Associate Director - Research Partnerships (remote)
Novo Nordisk US
About the Department
The Clinical, Medical and Regulatory (CMR) department at Novo Nordisk is one of the most diverse and collaborative groups within the organization. From health-care-provider interactions and developing and implementing regulatory strategies with the FDA to providing medical education and collecting data to support efficacy and new product development, CMR is involved. The one thing that keeps us all marching to the same beat is our patient-centered focus. At Novo Nordisk, you will help patients around the world. As their needs evolve, so does our challenge to find better and more innovative ways to improve their quality of life. We’re changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Associate Director, Research Partnerships (RP) serves as the external facing-arm of the larger Clinical Development and Outcomes Research team, executing research with external healthcare stakeholders across a number of channels. The RP team plays an important role in executing the evidence generation plan for the organization by actively conducting research with external researchers; the AD will be focused within a specific therapeutic area (e.g., obesity, diabetes, etc.)
The Associate Director, RP will work within a matrixed environment at NNI alongside HEOR Strategy, Medical Affairs, Real-World Data Science and Innovation, Market Access, and Clinical Development, among others. Externally, this individual will be the lead for research within specific therapeutic areas and is accountable for study specific partnerships as well as project timelines, budget, deliverables, and publications, all while complying with Novo Nordisk policies and procedures.
The key deliverable for this role will be the execution and publication of innovative research projects that are compelling to decision makers and are aligned with NNI evidence needs and research strategy.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Research Partnerships. The Associate Director leads the execution of real-world evidence in collaboration with customers. This role works very closely with a number of NNI functions including Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, HEOR Strategy and Real-World Data Science & Innovation, Legal, and other key internal stakeholders. In the execution of specific projects, the Associate Director, Research Partnerships will convene the NNI cross-functional project team to co-develop the research protocol and analysis plan, interpret results, and publish findings with the external partners. The AD RP will assume the role of Novo Nordisk Primary Investigator (PI) on the studies which they manage.
- Provide research leadership in the areas of real-world evidence (RWE) and HEOR. The incumbent must understand the US market landscape and customer research activities In addition, she/he must work closely with Medical Affairs on customer engagements that include research
- Responsible for all aspects of effective project management, including RfP development, due diligence on partner selection, study protocol design, analytic plan development, oversight of data collection/acquisition, data analysis, and development of research findings into publications in alignment with therapy area strategies
- Continually communicate with internal stakeholders and especially the Evidence Generation Planning team on Research Partnerships active projects, and study results to ensure and increase visibility and use of the team’s work
- Investigate cutting edge and innovative research ideas underway at partner organizations and bring those insights back into NNI for future research strategy development
- Responsible for research execution, coordination, and associated budget within assigned therapeutic areas
- Design tools and materials based on the research for Novo Nordisk internal communication and also, when applicable, for external communications by FMA and other functions
- The incumbent will have a proven track record of strong methodological expertise in addition to impeccable stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- The individual in this role must also be a quintessential team-player, due to the team-based nature of this type of research
10-20% overnight travel required.
- Advanced Degree (PhD, PharmD, MD) or Master’s degree in appropriate healthcare-related field (heath economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, public health, business/health services research, biostatistics, medicine, biomedical sciences). Doctorate can be considered in lieu of years of experience
- Adequate knowledge and experience in conducting health economics, health services research studies, real world research and the evaluation of health care interventions
- At least 4 years of experience in health economics, outcomes research, market access, public affairs, pricing, reimbursement, medical affairs, and/or portfolio analysis, with at least 2 years in the pharmaceutical industry, payor or healthcare
- Keen knowledge of health care systems in the U.S., including managed care organizations, integrated health systems, PBMs, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Strong knowledge of healthcare big data and applications
- Demonstrated track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier development, and strategic, customer-focused tool development
- Experience in preparing or reviewing materials for drug formularies preferred
- Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
The base compensation range for this position is $180K to $210K. Base compensation is determined based on a number of factors. In addition, this position is part of the Annual Performance Incentive Plan. The role may also be eligible for a long-term incentive bonus depending on level and other Company factors.
Employees are also eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs including medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; disability insurance; 401(k) savings plan; flexible spending accounts; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement program; and voluntary benefits such as group legal, critical illness, identity theft protection, pet insurance and auto/home insurance. The Company also offers time off pursuant to its uncapped sick time policy, flex-able vacation policy, and parental leave policy.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.