Novo Nordisk US
Do you want to be part of a large, ambitious and exciting project portfolio in Novo Nordisk? This is your opportunity to join projects from the early stages, being part of finding the best solutions together with very competent and experienced colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge and learn from you.
Apply now and join us!
As our new Project Controller, you will be part of a team taking care of project controls activities in a portfolio consisting of projects covering a range of simple to high complex projects across multiple disciplines.
Your main responsabilities will include:
• Driving project controls in the areas of cost management, scope and change management regarding Novo Nordisk Accounting principles. Setting direction for third party vendors and engineering firms
• Budgeting, forecasting and following up on projects and responsible for the same on a portfolio level in cooperation with our Project Portfolio Manager. Therefore, you must be able to understand the dependencies between schedule, risk and cost
• Responsible in the month end closing process, reporting, and supporting the project managers with ad-hoc project decision analysis
• You will need to set direction and coach Project Managers regarding good accounting principles, governance and presentation standards outlined by the Project Execution model (build on PMBOK), which will be an integrated part of your daily work
• The team is constantly working with optimisations and smarter ways to handle daily tasks as well as standardisations for the project controls work. Together with your colleagues and the Project Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for driving and implementing the optimizations and standardizations
The team is part of a network forum across API with project controls and portfolio managers. The Project Controls team will exist for the time being of 2 project controllers besides you. Flexibility is offered and expected due to periods with deliverables up to short deadlines.
• You hold a degree in Finance, Accounting, Project Management or Business administration
• You have experience with Project Controls, preferable within the pharmaceutical industry
• You have basic knowledge in project management, and within creating and forecasting project budgets/cost, progress reports, and risk management
• You have experience from working in a GMP regulated industry is a plus, but not required. Newly educated candidates are also mostly welcome
• You have experience with Microsoft office especially Excel & Power Point, SAP ERP & BI Systems
It is important to have business understanding to be able to understand connections, dependencies and prioritizations in the portfolio, and that you have flair for translating complex issues into communication easily absorbed by upper management.
As a person, you are curious to learn, and you are attentive to details. You have effective analytical capabilities. You are structured, take own initiatives and work independently across a broad stakeholder landscape. Your structured approach allows you to maintain a broad overview while keeping an eye for the details.
About the department
Become a part of Novo Nordisk Manufacturing in Kalundborg and get a developing career among the most talented people in a successful company. Together, we make a real difference every day for more than 30 million people living with diabetes and other chronic diseases.
We have more than 50 years of expertise in biotechnological production at Novo Nordisk in Kalundborg. Generations of employees have developed their professional qualifications, personal skills and careers at Novo Nordisk and have helped develop the production facility into the largest insulin-producing facility in the world.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API), produces insulin and GLP-1 to treat diabetes and obesity. You will be part of a growing team, PP Supply Chain & Finance, focusing on minor and major projects across Purification Plant, called PP. The team is anchored in PP Business Support, a department with more than 60 engaged employees supporting our 6 departments in the VP area Purification Plant.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is its people. We know that life is anything but linear and balancing what is important at different stages of our career is never easy. That’s why we make room for diverse life situations, always putting people first. We value our employees for the unique skills they bring to the table, and we work continuously to bring out the best in them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Project Controller Jonas Andersen +45 30798314 or Associate Manager Shampavi Mathan +45 30759108
February 25 2024
Applications will be handled as they are received, so please do not hesitate to apply.
You do not need to attach a cover letter to your application, but please include a few sentences about why you are applying in your resume or CV.
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.