Accounting Manager, CoE
Novo Nordisk US
Are you an experienced accountant with good analytical and communication skills? Do you thrive in a diverse and multicultural work environment and would like to join a company who is a leader in diabetes and is dedicated to serve patients with chronic diseases?
If this sounds interesting, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The BA SEE Office is based in Warsaw, having employees working remotely across EU East & South countries.
As Centre of Excellence Accounting Manager, you will be based in Poland.
- Delivering timely and high-quality Group reporting in cooperation with GBS India and coordinating, monitoring and supporting external tax and statutory reporting in cooperation with outsourcing service provider
- As a team leader, you will provide ongoing training, developing, and coaching of staff accountants on performance of the assigned duties
- Providing trainings and supporting local organization on company’s standard processes within finance topics, being the first point of contact for accounting matters for Line of Business
- Lead/participate in ad hoc projects
You will be also acting as a Business partner to Operations and Finance Director, being a role model of Novo Nordisk Way.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Min. 7 years of experience in accounting with at least one previous management/supervising role
- Academic degree in Finance or Accounting - Master’s degree and Certification in Accounting is considered plus
- Experience and knowledge of IFRS, general tax matters and strong knowledge of SAP
- Experience from an international and/or pharmaceutical company will be considered plus
- Excellent analytical skills, quality, process and results driven, with high level accounting expertise
- Fluency in spoken and written English
On a personal level you should have high level of energy, team orientated personality with a “can do” attitude, willing to pro-actively and openly communicate and interact professionally and confidently with different stakeholders at all levels. In this role you should be able to stay focused while working under strict deadlines, to work fast under minimum supervision and feel comfortable taking on new responsibilities.
About the Department
As a Accounting Manager, CoE you will report to the Centre of Excellence Accounting Director based in Warsaw, Poland.
The Centre of Excellence Accounting has been established during 2018 and we are currently responsible for the end-to-end accounting across 19 countries and 20 Novo Nordisk entities within three Business Areas in Europe East: BA SEE, BAGCEB and Poland. The Centre is key point of contact for Global Business Services in India, internal and external auditors as well as external service providers and hold the responsibility for ensuring effective end-to-end accounting processes as well as high quality deliverables from all parties in the processes. In Centre of Excellence we are ambitiously working to improve, standardize and optimise accounting processes across our countries
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is its people. We know that life is anything but linear, and balancing what is important at different stages of our career is never easy. That’s why we make room for diverse life situations, always putting people first. We value our employees for the unique skills they bring to the table, and we work continuously to bring out the best in them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 64,000 employees. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
Kindly send your CV online (click on Apply and follow the instructions). Internal Candidates are kindly requested to inform their line Manager when applying.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please, apply before 27th February 2024.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.