Key Accountabilities -
Investigations and Ethics Hotline
- Works closely with other functions to conduct corporate investigations adhering to the Company’s investigation procedure. It includes the following:
- Assess concern and determine the need for interim corrective actions.
- Develop investigation work plan & interview questions.
- Conduct fact-finding by reviewing documents and electronic communication data.
- Conduct confidential interviews.
- Prepare investigation report, including root cause analysis, recommended corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Schedule and conduct readout meetings with key stakeholders.
- Update Investigations Case Management System with all supporting investigation files.
- Track completion of action items
- Manage and monitor the Investigations Case Management System and Ethics Hotline through strategic partnerships with Corporate Compliance and relevant business departments. Ensure that all cases are documented and supporting documents are uploaded in the system, reporters received response upon closure of the investigations.
- Tracks completion of corrective actions working closely with HR, Internal Audit, Corporate Compliance, Quality and other functions. Updates the system with the supporting documents to document completion of corrective actions.
- Works closely with Corporate Compliance department to prepare quarterly investigative reporting and trends to Executive Reporting Committee.
- Provide required documentation for internal and external audits of the Ethics & Compliance Hotline. Review and supply summary and detailed case information to support reporting to senior management or Board of Directors.
Data Analytics, Reporting and Collaboration
- Collaborate with Compliance organization and relevant business stakeholders to identify areas of risk, monitoring opportunities and areas of improvement for Compliance, HR and/or operational activities such as enhancements to policies/procedures, processes, training or technology.
- Provide investigation data and trends for Global Compliance Committee, the Board of Directors reports, due diligence requests or requests from the Legal department.
- Works with Endo’s legal team to ensure the information requested by legal is provided in a timely manner.
Policies, Procedures and Training
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide analyses of key activities, processes, and policies/procedures to maintain and improve Endo’s processes and controls.
- Assists in implementation of appropriate policies and procedures designed to improve control environment at Endo India and ensure consistency and timeliness in the investigation and disposition of allegations, complaints and reports.
- Conducts or facilitates periodic training to educate team members on the investigations process and encourage speak up culture.
- Promotes awareness of various channels employees may raise concerns at Endo.
Compliance Monitoring & Risk Assessment
- Perform regular monitoring & review to check the effectiveness and compliance of OFAC sanctions controls.
- Perform regular monitoring & review to check the effectiveness and compliance of Due Diligence process.
- Perform regular monitoring & review of all payments made by the company to Third Party Intermediaries.
- Collaborate with the Global Compliance team to document findings and corrective actions.
- Support Global Compliance team to perform yearly Compliance Risk Assessment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 10-12 years of compliance, legal and/or forensic accounting/auditing field.
- Extensive experience conducting investigations into compliance, legal and HR matters in multinational companies.
- Strong educational credentials with an advanced degree such as JD, Accounting degree, CA, CPA and/or CFE preferred.
- Working knowledge of various laws, regulations, and industry guidance that affect Endo’s compliance program, including Anti-bribery and Corruption laws, FCPA, India local laws and regulations.
Skills & Abilities -
- Ability for communicate in both verbal and written form with all levels of management and employees, including demonstrated excellence in writing investigative reports.
- Ability to evaluate complex health care compliance and HR issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- High analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying and analyzing critical risk areas.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data to analyze information while still seeing the “big picture”.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills and the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex confidential issues.
- Confidence to handle difficult conversations, pressure, and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, influencing, negotiation and mediation skills.
- Able to prioritize and align the organization against goals and objectives; ensures rigor in operational excellence; and focuses on outcomes with clear measures and metrics.
- Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities, facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Fully engaged and self-starting. Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed expectations. Demonstrated ability/experience in an environment of change and continuous improvement.
- Must be an active, productive and collaborative member of the Legal and Compliance Department who works well across functions, lines of business and geographies Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong managerial and team leadership skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.