Sr. Associate, Full-Stack LAN Engineer
The Enterprise Platforms & Security (EP&S) team delivers the following capabilities for Pfizer. Business application platforms supporting Pfizer’s enterprise application and critical business processes. Infrastructure allowing business traffic to travel where it needs to go, internally and externally, along with the appropriate access controls. EP&S secures Pfizer's most important information assets through world class controls and protections and enables Pfizer's business results by making security an enabler and not a roadblock to achieving business results.
This is an opportunity to join a team that innovates every day on technologies in support of scientific discovery, breakthrough products, and essential partnerships that help change patients’ lives.
Our Culture in Pfizer is hugely important to us. We recognize that people are the cornerstone of Pfizer’s success. We embrace career development & colleague engagement. As a team, together we run our business, so your input and expertise are essential to our success! We are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion to ensure all colleagues have the freedom to be who they are and to bring their whole self to work.
Our culture is founded on the pillars of Equity, Joy, Courage and Excellence.
As a Sr. Associate, Full Stack Network Engineer, you will perform day to day full-stack support functions related to Pfizer enterprise telecommunications (data & wireless) network. You will be a technical member of a team using appropriate development methodologies (agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.) to provide continuous delivery of solutions. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the technology stack as we continue to push technology forward. You will be responsible for delivering high quality network solutions, including requirements gathering from various stakeholders to provide solutions with network configurations across various forms of network technologies – Wide Area, Local Area, Wireless, DDI, Load Balancing, Tools, and Automation. This role requires strong collaboration skills, the ability to work independently with a focus on high quality and a strong sense of accountability. The role also requires a strong desire for continuous learning to stay current with the rapidly evolving global technology landscape and significant attention to detail and quality.
- Gather requirements, engineer solutions, and deploy Network Solutions to meet the needs of our business clients.
- Develop, deploy, maintain, and improve new and existing network solutions in accordance with design standards and change management procedures, remaining compliant with documentation standards
- Supporting new technology deployments by designing networks with the intention of adopting automation
- Oversee network equipment deployment in accordance with network implementation standards and design principles
- Function as an escalation point for solutioning and troubleshooting complex incidents
- Help the team embrace agile core values, adopt, and apply those principles, and implementation practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of network operations or engineering experience
- Associate level Industry certifications (CCNA, DEVASC, CCSA, or equivalent expertise)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively document network designs and communicate implementation details
- Demonstrated experience in an agile work environment possessing qualities such as a collaborative mindset, adaptability to change, and a proactive problem-solving approach.
- Experience with design, implementation, troubleshooting global networks
- Switching technologies – Catalyst, Meraki, Nexus
- Wireless technologies - Cisco, Meraki, AireOS, IOS-XE, Aruba, Ekahau
- DDI Solutions - Efficient IP (EIP)
- Load Balancers - F5 or A10
- Professional level Industry certifications (CCNP, CCSE, CISSP, or equivalent expertise)
- Familiarity and/or previous experience with Agile (e.g., Scrum) is desired
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, or disability.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE