Director, Pfizer Ignite Operational Lead
Pfizer Ignite service collaborations expand the way Pfizer works together with biopharmaceutical partners (Partners) to advance innovative therapies. Ignite offers unique differentiated service capabilities with global scale and capacity, industry leading speed and quality to quickly develop quality assets, and one-stop shop with expertise across the entire development lifecycle.
The Ignite Operational Lead is responsible for delivering high quality Ignite projects through collaboration with the external Partner and internal Pfizer resources. The Operational Lead will be assigned approximately three to five PoC projects where they will own & be fully accountable to manage project delivery against agreed upon contracted specifications and milestones.
The Operational Lead represents Pfizer and the entire range of Ignite services to the assigned customers and enlists the support of, but not limited to, Pfizer Research and Development, Pfizer Oncology, Pfizer Global Supply (PGS), Pfizer CentreOne (PC1), Digital, Finance and Legal. The Operational Lead will need to have a thorough understanding of the Ignite project oversight and governance accountabilities and work within the construct of the defined operating/execution model with functional lines and key stakeholders to lead overall delivery of contracted project(s).
The Operational Lead will have expertise with R&D project delivery (Candidate Selection through Phase 3 Development) and work as a liaison between all of Pfizer and the Partner Account as it relates to executing service commitments. The role will also be expected to have a solid understanding of the Pfizer operating/delivery models, relevant functional lines/key contacts to support various Ignite service collaborations, and ability to support ongoing/new business opportunities in conjunction with the Relationship Lead in the Partner organizations.
- This position will lead operational delivery of contracted Ignite service collaborations by effectively partnering with GPD, WRDM team members and other relevant subject matter experts (SME) to meet or exceed Ignite expectations
- Participate in Ignite, Pfizer and Functional Line proposal/budget generation and governance bodies to manage/ensure delivery against agreed upon milestones and work with internal functional lines (e.g., WRDM, GPD) to ensure adequate capacity and resources prioritization.
- Interface with Ignite Partner leadership and technical lines to ensure continual alignment, translation of expectations in ongoing project delivery and participation in Partner internal project governance
- Ensure projects are conducted in full compliance with relevant regulations and Standard Operating Procedures, with high quality deliverables on behalf of the Partner
- Build an excellent reputation for service; Delivery efficient and effective strategies with project team members to resolve project issues and mitigate risks and, in partnership with Relationship Lead as needed, respond to Partner concerns to ensure high customer satisfaction ratings and prompt problem resolution
- Proactively support the Ignite Account Planning Process that develops mutual performance objectives, project financial targets and transactions, critical milestones, and company personnel responsibilities for a one and three-year period; track and report progress toward plan achievement
- Support achievement of assigned revenue and profitability growth targets as well as the Ignite objectives as defined by leadership
- Coordinates access to Pfizer senior leaders as necessary based on customer requirements/circumstances
- Participate in annual long range volume forecasting, Annual Operating Plan, and near-term demand/financial forecasting in alignment with functional lines to ensure adequate capacity and capability utilization planning
- On an as needed basis led by Relationship Lead, represent Pfizer on areas of interest at the Partner Accounts
- Liaise and align with Pfizer Business Development, Worldwide Research and Development (WRDM), Pfizer Global Supply (PGS), Pfizer CentreOne (PC1) and Global Product Development (GPD) to accomplish business objectives
- Have a deep understanding of the Ignite customer service model and project delivery expectations such as: project oversight and governance, confidentiality, proposal generation, contract terms and conditions, statement of work expectations/timelines, status reporting, vendor management, change order management, etc.
- 10+ years in drug development (project leadership, analytical, process and/or formulation)
- BA/BS in Business, Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmacy, or a related science discipline
- Ability to manage complex strategic contracts is required
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and proven experience with customer service relationships and delivery mindset
- Demonstrated result-orientation and follow-through
- Ability to be successful in a matrixed environment with a high degree of flexibility
- Must have a proven track record of being effective at self-management and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong customer and business partner relationships
- Financial and business acumen
- MS or PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, or related science field strongly preferred
- Experience with managing or delivering external supply or partnership arrangements with CROs, CDMO
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- 25-35% Travel Required
- Office-based position with significant business travel from time-to-time, including customer visits and plant visits, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Establishes objectives, goals and plans for own activities.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $161,600.00 to $269,400.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 20.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site – U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.