Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
- Ensure achievement of Sales budgets for the assigned geographical territory
- Develop a clear understanding of his/her role as a responsible Officer of the Company and apply the knowledge, experience and skills to achieve the defined objectives for the position and the team.
- Review and discuss his/her plans for the achievement of territory’s sales budget each month (overall and product wise). Seek the assistance of the District Manager in formulating sales strategy.
- Conduct sales analytics to identify areas / stakeholders to be focused upon for driving business growth in the territory
- Provide inputs to the District Manager to help him validate the sales forecast or the rolling sales plan as per the defined frequency
- Provide inputs to the District Manager to help him manage salvage net to maintain it at an acceptable level
- Jointly with the District Manager, classify the medical practitioners in his/her territory in three categories A, B and C in the descending order of importance, A being the most important and C the least.
- Schedule the frequency of calls on the doctors depending on their criticality with respect to achievement of the sales targets for the district
- Deliver promotional messages tailored to each customer’s need so as to maximize sales
- Strictly adhere to coverage plans and frequency
- Strictly adhere to all applicable Pfizer policies and procedures.
Operational / Process
- Regularly visit chemists in the area to ensure sale of Pfizer’s products, collect information on the sales of competitor’s products and regularly update the team about this data
- Stay updated on the competitors’ activities through personal visits to wholesalers and retailers. Maintain regular contacts with medical practitioners, consultants, chemists and wholesalers.
- Book orders from the retailers to ensure adequate availability of products to meet the market demand. Also, ensure display of point-of-sale promotion material display in retailers’ stores in line with the promotion plan
- Ensure thorough pre-call planning and ask for the assistance of the District Manager wherever necessary.
- Prepare and implement special schedule for doctors’ visits/calls at the time of new product launch or sales campaign etc. using special presentation and promotional materials in line with the sales strategy
- Carry meticulous one-to-one detailing of the product bringing to the doctor’s attention the special features/benefits of the product, its proven efficacy, new research and clinical findings etc.
- Follow the approved tour program.
- Prepare and send daily reports as per the defined process on his/her day to day activities mentioning in detail about the calls made on the doctors clinics and hospitals.
- Maintain contacts with nursing homes, clinics and hospitals in his/her territory. Collect the data on annual budget for medicines with respect to each of the hospitals, their mode of purchase, rate contract, and drug committee members
- Forward adverse events and product complaints reported by customers and consumers in the appropriate format in a timely manner as described in the relevant SOPs
- Conduct taxi tours to meet the customers in micro-interiors and generate business for the products
- Conduct group meetings, speaker programs, and round table meetings for the doctors and chemists to create awareness around product benefits
- Conduct disease / patient awareness / screening programs in coordination with the medical associations.
- Build relationships with and manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and key customers
- Coordinate with CFA for inventory management
- Execute the product promotion campaigns for new and existing products for the territory
- Track the hospital purchase trend for the territory
- Conceive, plan and organize Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs with help from HODs, Consultants and hospital admin department
- Trainee PSOs or other field trainees as may be assigned as mentees
- Share learning from experience with team colleagues
- Demonstrate and promote Pfizer global values in all interactions.
- Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation towards achievement of individual and team objectives
- Adhere to proposed training calendar for the year for self
- Act as the custodian of all compliance related matters for the territory
- Ensure achievement of Sales budgets
- Assist in the collection of receivables, where required
- Ensure proper utilisation of product samples, detailing aids and other promotional material.
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of expenses
- Use technology solutions for enabling better information availability
- Use technology developments for effective field operations .
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Sales#LI-PFE