Senior Scientist, Image Analysis, Tissue Diagnostics
Quanterix is a company that is digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s ultra-sensitive detection solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the role of biomarkers in the continuum of health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognosis and precise treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Image Analysis Scientist for Quanterix’s Tissue Diagnostics Services Unit with 10+ years’ experience and deep understanding of spatial profiling in the areas of oncology and immune oncology. The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of image analysis and biostatistics capabilities, deep understanding of current and evolving technologies, experience with and conceptual understanding of digital pathology software packages and development of image analysis algorithms. The candidate will be involved with imaging, image processing, analysis, software development and optimization with the goal of standardizing data generation and output of multiplexed assays on clinical tissue samples.
The Tissue Diagnostics Services Unit at Quanterix will provide fee-based services to pharma and biotech clients, help them understand trial results, in particular as results relate to data provided by Quanterix’ Simoa blood protein platform. Candidates should be well versed in biomarker science, translational pathology, cancer biology and immunology, microscopy, multispectral image processing and analysis, and have held similar roles in translational oncology research laboratories in either academia or industry. The role includes opportunities to interact with customers and collaborators. This Image Analysis Scientist will report to the Associate Director of Image Analysis, Tissue Diagnostics at Quanterix.
What You’ll Do:
- Support set up of pathology imaging system(s).
- Oversee calibration and performance evaluation of imaging system(s).
- Support/lead design and development of image analysis software features focusing on spatial profiling of FFPE tissue samples.
- Define user requirements, comprehensive testing and validation plans for software and data scripts; report on testing results and be actively involved with software development.
- Oversee data processing and analysis, generation of data plots, graphs, and data output.
- Collaborate closely with Quanterix Tissue Diagnostics laboratory team on QC and QA approaches of multiplexed assays, standardization approaches and generation of calibrators for multiplexed immunofluorescence.
- Train additional (laboratory) team members on image analysis tasks.
- Participate in interactions with clients, present analytical approaches, and data.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and reports, in compliance with the Quanterix quality system.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Advanced degree (MSc, PhD, or equivalent) in biological science/engineering/computer science/informatics.
- Relevant professional experience (at least 3+ years) in an industry or core lab setting using established pathology software programs for image processing and data generation.
- Experience with pathology imaging modalities.
- Comfortable writing code in languages such as R or Python for statistical analysis and data visualization.
- Ability to present complex results, both verbally and in writing to team members and clients.
- Work experience in a laboratory/analytical setting compliant with CLIA and GCP regulations.
- Solid understanding of tissue based multiplexing technologies, a proactive attitude, and independence in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Background in pathology, quantitative immunofluorescence, oncology/immune-oncology and experience working in a clinical trial setting is preferred.
Why You’ll Like Working For Us:
Our Technology: Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Our Commitment to Employees: At Quanterix, we take pride in our employees' incredible work ethic, and we want to reward and recognize that by offering competitive compensation and a 401k plan with an employer match, as well as competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We also offer an unlimited vacation policy to all exempt employees, and a generous PTO policy for non-exempt employees. All employees are awarded Equity, and we have an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a Performance Bonus, and 1:1 Financial Counseling/Planning. We also offer Tuition Assistance. We have a free, state-of-the-art onsite fitness center for all employees. To keep you fueled up, we provide onsite employees free snacks and drinks every day!
Quanterix is committed to a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.