We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Electronics Engineer to join our talented R&D team. Working within a multidisciplinary function, you will have exposure to the full product lifecycle, from early stage ‘blue skies’ research and concept evaluation through to production scale-up and existing product support.
Our electronics engineers work on all aspects of the electronics in our products and new developments, with key areas including early-stage prototyping, hardware design, embedded system design, firmware development and dealing with EMC/EMI and other regulatory requirements. The breadth of the role ensures constant interest and provides good opportunities to learn and expand on existing knowledge. You will have plenty of opportunities to try things out in an environment where creativity and ingenuity are both valued and fostered.
With global operations in the US, UK, Europe, and China, SPT Labtech develops products that revolutionize the way scientists work. For nearly two decades, our expert scientists, engineers, and business innovators have provided researchers with world-leading, innovative solutions for liquid handling, sample preparation, and sample management. We strive to accelerate research and make a real difference in human health. By collaborating closely with our customers, we build trusted relationships that enable us to deliver exceptional, personalized experiences tailored to real-world challenges in the lab.
Want to be part of a team that's truly making a difference?
You will want to:
- Relish technical challenges
- Want to work on innovative product development
- Are passionate about technology
- Enjoy working on multiple concurrent projects
- Be thriving in a dynamic growing business, you’ll be solutions-oriented and naturally embrace our core values: Agile, Collaborative, Customer Centric & Innovative
You will ideally have:
- An excellent understanding of electronics fundamentals and the ability to apply this knowledge to real world problems
- A 2+ years relevant commercial/industrial experience in a related field with a demonstrable track record of electronic design
- Substantial analog and digital circuit design experience
- Embedded system design knowledge
- PCB design and layout experience, with a good working knowledge of one of the commercial design packages (e.g., Altium)
- Good prototyping, debugging and fault-finding skills
- A good understanding of EMC/EMI fundamentals and design best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or a related field
You may also have:
- Motor control experience (e.g., stepper, BLDC)
- Sensor and transducer interfacing and integration experience
- Knowledge of the ARM Cortex M3/4 series (e.g., STM32F2/F4)
- Firmware and software development and debugging skills in C, C++, C#, python, Java etc.
Our commitment to you:
You’ll be working with smart professionals in a motivated and driven team.
We offer a competitive salary package and comprehensive, valued benefits, including private medical insurance, a generous pension plan, and an annual discretionary bonus.
We embrace diversity and inclusivity, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or family status. We prioritise supporting our employees' diverse needs as we strive for excellence together.