Supervisor, Inventory Control
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Are you passionate about building a laboratory that changes the way infectious diseases are detected and treated over the coming decade? With the advent of molecular testing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how molecular data is used in clinical settings.
What You’ll Do
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Manager, Inventory Control for all Inventory
- Control operations and lab support.
- Operational oversight of the Inventory and Receiving Coordinator team, including: workflow, scheduling, prioritizing workload, safety, quality and compliance oversight, and laboratory support
- Hiring support, team training, annual reviews, coaching, and corrective action for the Inventory and Receiving Coordinator team
- Review daily counts, inbound shipments, and lab replenishment needs in an appropriate time frame and with a high degree of data accuracy
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise. Investigate and resolve all incident reports
- Manage daily handoff from morning to evening shift
- Identify and document occurrences that deviate from defined procedures
- Ensure inventory is appropriately stocked and organized
- Analyze processes and continually make improvements to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Be a hands-on leader: the Supervisor is responsible for all job responsibilities of the Inventory and Receiving Coordinators. Receiving, stocking, and lab replenishment are everyone’s first job.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated proficiency with an ERP system, Google Suite or Microsoft Suite products, especially google sheets/excel
- Experience managing digital workflow for inventory items, including use of Bins, Receipts,Transfers, and Adjustments.
- Demonstrated problem resolution and decision-making skills for operational and technical problems.
- Proven success in a supervisory role, working with various levels of hourly and salaried employees
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required.
- Proven ability to communicate well across teams and functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.