Utilities Supervisor Maintenance/Engineering
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Who we are
If you’re like people at Teva, you dare to be different. We’re making well-being a way of life for our customers and our colleagues. Join us in helping to make healthcare more accessible to more patients, while supporting one of the most innovative teams in the industry.
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients, and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives.
Join us on our journey of growth!
The Senior Supervisor, Utilities Maintenance & Engineering role is to leader in a multi skilled team-based Utilities Maintenance operation that supports 24/7 pharmaceutical production at the Teva Davie facility in Davie, FL. The position will provide technical direction with Preventive Maintenance scheduling, utilities operation and repair.
Experience with Purified Waters Systems is a must!
How you’ll spend your day
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive Safety and Compliance Culture.
• Maintain documentation for all maintenance activities.
• Able to use/navigate computer and/or computer-based software• Perform emergency and corrective repairs
• Perform Preventive maintenance to keep the equipment in good working condition
• Complete the installation or system modifications for all equipment and systems
• Takes responsibility to improve skills and techniques
• Assist with new equipment PM, LOTO development, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested and completes them in a timely and detailed manner
• Provide training or guidance to Maintenance Technicians or other entry level positions
• Work with vendors on repairs and document that activity accordingly
• Order parts and supplies for equipment
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Follows training or guidance provided by other team
• Perform special assignments as requested by supervisor.
Your experience and qualifications
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or other safety related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial safety experience in a highly regulated environment. Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations relating to Environmental, Health and Safety.
- ANSI, NFPA and other consensus standards.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Principles of industrial safety and related practices.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Machine guarding standards and practices.
- Ergonomics standards and evaluation tools.
- Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) requirements and guidelines.
- Training and presentation skills, techniques, applications and practices.
- Business and personal computer hardware and software applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- EHS management systems including basis of safety.
- Experience with high risk work activities and risk mitigation (e.g. confined space entry, work at heights, etc.)
Enjoy a more rewarding choice
We offer a competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage starting on the first day. We also offer Disability and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 13 paid Holidays, 6% match on the 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and Tuition Assistance.
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to support you throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Important notice to Employment Agencies - Please Read Carefully
Teva Pharmaceuticals USA does not accept unsolicited assistance from agencies for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.