Production Supervisor - Fri-Sun 6:00 am to 6:30 pm - SLC West
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Who we are
This position is responsible for providing direct supervision to operators, performing operational administrative in support of the manufacturing or packaging of drug products and supporting department management by providing direction to staff and in meeting production schedules in compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures.
How you’ll spend your day
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any incumbents with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in other related duties or assignments.
• Responsible for the daily performance management, providing feedback and identifying and guiding development of direct reports.
• Responsible for managing and executing on staffing needs.
• Maintain a strong shop floor presence – adhere to 70-80% time on the shop floor
• Responsible for completing assigned CAPA’s (Corrective Action/Preventative Action) and performing training of others associated with the assigned CAPA.
• Responsible for ensuring that training documentation is maintained and current to verify that Operators are trained and certified to perform their assigned work activities through Performance Based Training (PBT) and operations are only performed by those with appropriate training.
• Responsible for evaluating work in progress and resolving production, quality, equipment and other issues by working with appropriate departments and making real time decisions in response to unexpected events.
• Responsible for executing assigned continuous improvement initiatives (Operational Excellence).
• Responsible for creating and updating Master Batch Records and SKU Forms.
• Responsible for performing reviews/approvals of completed batch records, test data and inspection forms.
• Responsible for maintaining process equipment system user access.
• Responsible for creating and revising Standard Operating Procedures for supervisor/manager approval.
• Responsible for the resolution of ERP system issues related to packaging.
• Responsible for completing all training requirements and maintain compliance with all assignments.
• Responsible to maintain work areas and perform job functions in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Batch Record instructions.
• Responsible for enforcing safe work practices and company standards
• Perform additional related duties as assigned.
Your experience and qualifications
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in a scientific discipline or equivalent education and minimum 3yrs experience.
• Prefer experience in a related industry such as pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, medical device or food processing.
• Prefer experience with cGMP and other applicable industry regulatory requirements as they relate to the production of pharmaceutical products and associated quality systems.
• Strongly prefer previous supervisory or other leadership experience
• Computer proficiency with comprehensive working knowledge of MS Office products, Learning Management Systems (LMS), ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle and manufacturing/quality systems such as Trackwise, Studium and Qdocs.
• Ability to motivate, influence and lead others with and/or without direct supervisory authority.
• Ability to positively manage conflict, provide difficult feedback and negotiate resolution.
• Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships between teams, departments and business units.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision making.
• Communicate effectively with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-directed with ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires knowledge and evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Normally receives little instruction on routine work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
• May proactively recommend methods and procedures for problem resolution.
Enjoy a more rewarding choice
We offer a competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage starting on the first day. We also offer Disability and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 13 paid Holidays, 6% match on the 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and Tuition Assistance.
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.