Bioinformatics Application Scientist, NGS - AMER/EMEA
Twist is looking for a customer facing bioinformatics professional to serve as a technical application scientist for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our Sales team. This role will function as a liaison between the customer and Twist to help customers understand the scientific and technical challenges they are facing and how these may be solved through deployment of our custom NGS panels. In this capacity he/she will be responsible for the pre- and post-sales support and market development activities for Twist’s NGS target enrichment portfolio. Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing and target enrichment will be essential to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams. This position can be remote, with travel requirements of up to 10%.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in pre and post sales discussions of Twist’s NGS capabilities and product offering with customers
- Design and support custom NGS panel designs utilizing an existing design workflow to meet customers design goals (White Glove Service)
- Provide bioinformatics support for NGS data analysis to support customer troubleshooting, proof of concept experiments, and general pipeline questions
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers
- Provide high level technical support to the customer and provide guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Keep up to date with the current genomic research and advancements in the field
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and Production
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations with the Sales team to network with customers and provide feedback to Product Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Local and regional travel possible (~10% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, or internal meetings
- Each Twist employee is responsible for complying with applicable Quality Management System (QMS)/Information Security Management System (ISMS) standards in the execution of their daily activities and ensuring product or service meets regulatory requirements, customer requirements and the established QMS/ISMS policies and procedures
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years biotech/commercial experience in the field of Genomics
- BS or MS in Bioinformatics, Genetics, Molecular Biology, or related field with 7+ years biotech/commercial experience in the field of Genomics
- Strong technical knowledge of NGS applications and the bioinformatics required to support NGS data analysis (Whole Exome Sequencing, RNA-seq, Methylation)
- Knowledge and experience using existing bioinformatic tools (BWA, GATK, IGV, UCSC, SAMtools, Picard, bedtools, etc)
- Experience working in a Linux environment and command line applications
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- High attention to detail with a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in Medical Genetics, Oncology, or Immunology
- A deep understanding of molecular and medical genetics
- 2+ years in a customer facing role
- Wet lab experience with molecular biology and NGS library preparation
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals, and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.