Process Development Engineering Scientific Associate
Vertex is seeking a talented Process Development Engineering Scientific Associate to join our Process Development team. This individual will support cell therapy scale up process development, including performing process optimization activities, as well as for the characterization of cell product for ongoing and future projects. This role will contribute to the exploration and establishment of novel technologies to support cell therapy scale up and optimization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform experiments to evaluate novel technologies to support cell therapy process scale up and optimization.
- Perform pluripotent stem cell culture expansion and differentiation in bioreactors, and support process optimization.
- Prepare, interpret and present data generated from lab studies.
- Draft and review study protocol and reports, ensure data integrity.
- Effectively collaborates with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Expanded conceptual knowledge and understanding of principles of molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Applies fundamental scientific and engineering principles to process design, development, and process understanding.
- A bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Engineering, Biology, or related discipline with 0-4 years of experience
- Process development experience in a bio-pharmaceutical setting working with interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teams
- Experience in aseptic processing and cell culture
- Ability to effectively communicate findings, progress, and problems
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to details
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.