Senior Manager, Site Materials Management Operations
The Senior Manager, Site Materials Operations is responsible for material control, capacity planning, inventory accuracy and distribution our internal and third party logistics (3PL) network. The incumbent will troubleshoot issues of moderate complexity to facilitate effective coordination of activities at internal sites and 3PL partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Manufacturing Technical Services to assess change controls, support deviations, Root Cause Analysis, CAPAs, Risk Assessments, material non-conformances, and investigations.
- Work with Site Material Planning team and appropriate cross functional stakeholders to align and harmonize, then subsequently develop, drive review and approval SOP’s and Work instructions for team Including the management of applicable workflows in Vertex QMS.
- Manage internal and external network of materials including management of inbound/outbound inventory, inventory reporting, supporting damage disposition, and non-conformances as well as monitor and manage expiry dates.
- Manage, forecast, and control performance, cost, and capacity of External Logistics Providers (3PL’s)
- Create and update SOP’s and Working instructions in support of 3PL activities
- Supervise, coach, and train team supporting 3PL activities
- Identify process improvements and implement best practices to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness of 3PL Transporation and logistics processes.
- Manage 3PL relationship, QBR’s, and inventory reconciliation.
- Represent 3PL inventory at the Inventory Review Board (IRB), management of excess and obsolescence, and accuracy of 3PL inventory
- Supports onsite Materials Management activities as needed.
- Utilizes Oracle for processing of material transfers and reconciling inventory at 3PLs.
- Liaison with 3PL operations and customer service teams. Assess service level agreement adherence and publish metrics/KPI’s.
- Manage and track service level and inventory escalations. Participate in tiered meetings to drive cross-functional resolution.
- Create and maintain receipt packets and chain of custody records for materials received and stored at 3PL partner locations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluency and proficiency in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies, capacity planning, input/output control, product structures, routings, and standards maintenance.
- Knowledge of master scheduling, production planning and detailed scheduling, demand management, purchasing, and cost accounting techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative, and fast-paced team environment, including influencing business leadership
- Highly skilled in data analysis, manipulation, and presentation, to include software skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Strong understanding of ERP systems
- Proficiency with planning and scheduling tools (e.g., Oracle OPM / ASCP, Excel, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Typically requires 6 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in production planning or materials management in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Previous experience as a master production scheduler and/or planner/scheduler and people manager
- Experience and familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.