EHS & Sustainability Specialist, 12 month FTC
The Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Specialist is responsible for contributing to the effective performance of the team. The role provides support to various Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) programs and to team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in filing and posting applicable regulatory permits and licenses
- Coordinates meetings and takes meeting minutes
- May generate metrics for site specific programs
- Assists with EHS audits including scheduling, preparation and follow-up actions
- Participates in the development and/or implementation of department policies, SOPs and training materials
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possesses knowledge of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulations and sustainability best practices
- Displays attention to detail with documentation and communications
- Deals with sensitive and confidential information appropriately e.g. accident/health records
- Demonstrates communication, verbal and written and interpersonal skills to exchange straightforward information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
Education and Experience:
- Experience and/or interest in heath and safety
- We will provide support to obtain the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and safety
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.